1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Deere/Wacker Neuson excavator agreement

Discussion in 'Compact Excavators' started by KSSS, Jun 14, 2022.

1. KSSS

KSSS Senior Member

excavation
    uffex likes this.
  2. wattsbackhoe

wattsbackhoe Member

Business owner
    It is interesting that they pulled away from Hitachi to manufacture their own machines only to partner with Wacker. But WN has been building good products for other OEM's for years.

KSSS likes this.
  3. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Interesting yet another product developed from a paint pot & decals.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

mitch504, John C. and BigWrench55 like this.
  4. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    I think the key lines in the article are:

• John Deere will develop and manufacture 5-9-metric-ton excavators, incorporating designs from Wacker Neuson.
    "Additionally, John Deere will have control of the design, manufacturing, and technology innovation, for the 5-9-metric-ton models"

uffex, Vetech63 and BigWrench55 like this.
  5. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    That usually translates to "bean counters will take any good ideas, cheapen them after incorporation into their own products and then throw shade on the original designer when things go south."

Mark13, Swetz, Tags and 3 others like this.
  6. Txhayseed

Txhayseed Senior Member

Well at least my local jd dealer will quit shipping me orange sheet metal every time I order a panel

CM1995 and BigWrench55 like this.