• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere SkidSteer Smackdown

bear

Occupation
Math, Physics, keeping out of trouble and doing od
There was another thread about this on here somewhere. Honestly the little contest is ok but the jobsite is where the real competition is.

seandeere

Occupation
Deere Equipment
thanks

I agree, it looks like Deere tried to make it as real as possible----not sure how they could "fake it"-----what machines do you preferr and why? just curious

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I agree, it looks like Deere tried to make it as real as possible----not sure how they could "fake it"-----what machines do you preferr and why? just curious

IMHO the entire marketing gimmick is "faked". They hand select what machine they compete against. I question the operators abilities.

Deere would not have put this together if it was not carefully laid out to favor Deere. That only stands to reason as you would hate to get embarrassed on U tube.

It is entertaining. It creates some "buzz" perhaps for the Deere skid steer. If your selecting this as your purchase criteria than your not very sharp. It is an advertisement and should be viewed as nothing more than that. The same principles of demoing a machine in your environment, doing the kinds of tasks that you do day in and day out should still rule the day.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
john deere/hitachi field tech
IMHO the entire marketing gimmick is "faked". They hand select what machine they compete against. I question the operators abilities.

Deere would not have put this together if it was not carefully laid out to favor Deere. That only stands to reason as you would hate to get embarrassed on U tube.

It is entertaining. It creates some "buzz" perhaps for the Deere skid steer. If your selecting this as your purchase criteria than your not very sharp. It is an advertisement and should be viewed as nothing more than that. The same principles of demoing a machine in your environment, doing the kinds of tasks that you do day in and day out should still rule the day.

That's why dealers have demos, customer can make a decision by actually operating the machine. Personally I don't like any skid steer only because I have to work on them. Of course Deere new the outcome, it is no different then a car commercial. However as an advertising standpoint they hit the nail on the head. No doubt no questions they did an excellent job of marketing to their base.

seandeere

Occupation
Deere Equipment
Have you ever tried any new 300 series Deere skidloaders????

:cool::beatsme

seandeere

Occupation
Deere Equipment
Is that your service rig??

:beatsme:confused:
That's why dealers have demos, customer can make a decision by actually operating the machine. Personally I don't like any skid steer only because I have to work on them. Of course Deere new the outcome, it is no different then a car commercial. However as an advertising standpoint they hit the nail on the head. No doubt no questions they did an excellent job of marketing to their base.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I wouldn't like them either if I had to work on them. As they get more technology stuffed in them, they no doubt will not get easier to work on or trouble shoot. I don't think any of them are easy to work on. They are the equivilent of stuffing 10 pounds of poo in a 5 pound bag.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
I wouldn't like them either if I had to work on them. As they get more technology stuffed in them, they no doubt will not get easier to work on or trouble shoot. I don't think any of them are easy to work on. They are the equivilent of stuffing 10 pounds of poo in a 5 pound bag.

The new skidsteers are Electric over Hydraulic and have computers and all kinds of good stuff.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
It seemed like the whole Smackdown thing was carefully crafted to play to Deere's strengths.

It showed that the Deere has more lifting capacity and higher tip load. Seems simple to me.

74inchShovel

No doubt- but I wager that the weight amount was very carefully figured, as to tip both machines and leave the Deere looking good. Take off a few hundred pounds, maybe the Bobcat lifts it. Your talking a few percent more lift- might not be noticable in the real world.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
No doubt- but I wager that the weight amount was very carefully figured, as to tip both machines and leave the Deere looking good. Take off a few hundred pounds, maybe the Bobcat lifts it. Your talking a few percent more lift- might not be noticable in the real world.

Good point. Where is NH, CASE, TK, Komatsu? I think to be fair you conduct the test with at least the top 4 OEMs, not pick and chose which machine they want to compete against and in what event.

Digdeep

Good point. Where is NH, CASE, TK, Komatsu? I think to be fair you conduct the test with at least the top 4 OEMs, not pick and chose which machine they want to compete against and in what event.

Deere has been very selective when staging these events choosing only to closely match their machines when things are in their favor and strangely picking machines that don't quite stack up the right way.

All short wheel base machines in the hill course..where was NH?

While I agree that the CAT 297C didn't perform well lifting the weight in the video it had the least matched ROC of the three.

It makes for great theatre but leaves a little to be desired.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
you guys are funny, its an advertisement.....

I guess it worked

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
While I agree that the CAT 297C didn't perform well lifting the weight in the video it had the least matched ROC of the three.

Out of curiosity, and so I understand correctly, do you mean that "It didn't perform well, but its ROC was lower" or that "It didn't perform well, but even so, I think it looked abysmal"?

Deereman

KSSS, I have seen the comparison of the deere vs the new holland and others. Then NH doesn't have the Hydraulic power to pick the weight up(CT332)nor did any other. The closest was Tak and case. There are Videos of Every machine deere makes (CWP wise, small stuff) vs the comp, u just can't see them cause u kinda need to be a Deere salesman. I have watch hours of these videos till i could just bout make you a copy out of my head. Tigerotor77w, the ROC is the percentage of Roll Over Capacity(or rated operating Capacity, whichever) wheather is be usually 30% or 50%.

ncbschzzt

Occupation
There are Videos of Every machine deere makes (CWP wise, small stuff) vs the comp, u just can't see them cause u kinda need to be a Deere salesman. I have watch hours of these videos till i could just bout make you a copy out of my head.

:Banghead Deere Sales Videos