• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere, komatsu, cat dozers

Oliver182

When did each manufacturer start slapping on emissions BS ? Would rather avoid machines with particulate filter and such. Don't have an issue with def just not real fond of the particulate filters and jamming a bunch of exchaust back into the engine. I'm guessing 08-10 timeframe sometime?

lantraxco

I don't think any of the Tier 3 engines had a DPF, 4i usually did above like 75 hp. I don't think there's a timeline as such, just have to look at the EPA sticky on the engines. Most manufacturers had credits or "Flex" allowances and didn't actually meet the EPA Tier changes on schedule across the board. Probably right around 2011 I would guess by the chart.