• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere D series vs E and G

Andy1845c

Occupation
Electrician
I've been doing some serious backhoe shopping and have settled on a Deere machine. I am specifically looking at the 410 and 710. Is anyone familiar with what is different between these three series and what the pros and cons are between them? I started out wanting a E or G because of the way the dipper stick extends. It looks easier to put a thumb on. I'd like to know exactly what else the extra money the later series bring would give me.

Deere500a

The E series and above is a whole different animal than the D series. The 310 SE is a monster compared to a 310 C, more HP, more weight and just more flat out power. Waiting on the neighbor to get his 310E going to try it out: E VS SE. Go big or go home, get the 710 :) No help on the 410.