1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Deere CT322 - Voltage drop when parking brake is disengaged

Discussion in 'Compact Track/Multi Terrain Loaders' started by sepulchral, Aug 8, 2019.

1. sepulchral

sepulchral Well-Known Member

WHen i release parkng brake on my CT322 the voltage drops from 13.5V to 12V like the alternator is not working... does anyone know why or how to fix this?

2. Kxnate

Kxnate Well-Known Member

My ct322 usually charges at about 14.2 with the parking brake engaged, usually drops to around 13.6 or so when disengaged.

mg2361 likes this.
  3. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    Sounds like a bad connection or your charging system is barely working... bad alternator/loose belt/loose connection to alt,batt,buss....

4. mg2361

mg2361 Senior Member

Equipment Mechanic/Technician
    it is normal to see a voltage drop in the monitor when the park brake is released like Kxnate said on that model but not quite that big of a drop. Do you have a digital voltmeter? With long jumpers so you can sit in the seat or get a helper and measure voltage at the battery while the engine is running with the park brake engaged and then released, both at idle and at around half throttle. Report the results.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019