• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 850 B no start.

sawdustmaker

I got some Knocker loose and put it in the fuel galley and turned it over.

Batteries obviously need charge and they got it right after this.

Last edited:

sawdustmaker

I just saw where your in SC..
I’m up here by Santee..
If your close, I don’t mind doing a service call..
Beats the he!! outta calling Blanchard.!!!
I used to be in Walhalla. I’m near Greensboro NC now. I would take you up on that if i was in the area.

And about the remote start. This dozer has a “feature” where if you push the start button it turns over till it fires. Or you hit the master shutoff.

Last edited:

sawdustmaker

I can feel a difference in the throttle lever if I pull the fuel shutoff. I don’t know how the linkage is so I don’t know if that matters.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
It’s a little hard to tell if they’re all going up and down but it looks like they are..
U see the gears at the very top of the opening..?? It’s the gizmos with the screwdriver slot..
They’re supposed to turn left and right when u pull and push the stop.
If they don’t, then the rack is still stuck..
U can use your finger to see if they’ll move left and right..
If u have all the plungers going up and down.. & the rack is free to move L & R..
Hook your inlet and outlet lines back up..
Loosen all the lines AT THE INJECTORS, or as many as u can reach..
Unscrew the hand primer and start pumping.. keep pumping until u hear the fuel flowing from the overflow valve and it’ll get a little harder to pump..
Now with FULLY RECHARGED BATTERIES.. crank the engine until fuel starts squirting from the loosened lines.. stop and tighten the lines..
Move the throttle to 1/2 or wide open and start the engine.,
Good luck

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
I’ve gotta get my beauty sleep.. I’ll check back tomorrow.

DO NOT PRY ON ANYTHING..
All that stuff is pot metal and WILL SNAP.!!

sawdustmaker

Kept soaking and a little gentle prodding with a flathead and it freed up. I see what you mean. There’s nothing to pry against that sturdy.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Shimmy1

I will say it again, I can not believe the amount of rust in that pump. I have a very hard time believing that rust happened in a month....I just can't buy it. I realize this is South Carolina, but wow. Just wow. Glad you got the rack and plungers freed up.