• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 550G VS. 550J Rear Attachment Mounting Holes

Inglewood11B

Does anyone know if a J series ripper will bolt onto the back of a G series? Even if i had to fabricate a bracket or maybe drill additional holes? Are the rough dimensions the same?

Inglewood11B

Does anyone have a response to this? I am now looking at a set of rippers off a Case 850 then fabricating an adapter plate to fit the 550g. Are there any major concerns with the geometry of this idea and or hydraulic issues?

2deeres

More than likely you will have to measure everything up yourself to see if it will fit. The manufacturers won’t give out the dimensions or bolt patterns of the back of their machines,or so I’ve found out. I had the same problem with a 850J.