• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 4045 Engine - Weird Problem

Parts

Glad it started BUT.. it’s possible ALL the flex ring made it to the tank..& there’s none in the pump..
seen it 1000x.. especially if there’s no checkball in the return fitting in the top cover..
Once u get it going and back to work, watch out for the rpm’s raising and falling..(hunting) THATS your warning that there no more flex ring... and if u let it go to long, the engine will run away..
Good luck

Thank you for the continued good information. Based on your post I decided to take it back out of the shop and let it run 2 warm up cycles today. I ran it unloaded and fully loaded for some time. No hunting both unloaded or loaded. For now I am just going to do 1 more fuel filter swap, rinse the tank, and run her. If I notice hunting I'll know that ring is softening or letting go and get the pump pulled.