• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 35G Aux hydraulic hose quick disconnect help needed.

Island-digger

I have a JD 35G with a thumb and the aux hydraulics for the thumb/hammer have quick disconnect fittings. I was able to disconnect the fittings fairly easily but I was not able to reconnect them by hand. Anyone know how to do it?

I read that you should turn the key part way on and wiggle the control handles to release pressure in the lines. I tried that but there was no response from the machine. No pressure relief.

I read in the operator's manual that I might need to turn the hydraulic flow switch to "hammer" mode and then do the connect and disconnect. I haven't tried that yet.

Any help is appreciated.

skyking1

As mentioned in another thread, you can crack a hose fitting if needed to relieve pressure. Think about the loading on things first. If you do have it on hammer the thumb will just fall down.
I have to crack a fitting on my hoe pack on my 35g now and again. If I know I don't need the thumb I leave the selector valves on the stick in the aux position. That seems to help when going back and forth when backfilling.

Island-digger

As mentioned in another thread, you can crack a hose fitting if needed to relieve pressure. Think about the loading on things first. If you do have it on hammer the thumb will just fall down.
I have to crack a fitting on my hoe pack on my 35g now and again. If I know I don't need the thumb I leave the selector valves on the stick in the aux position. That seems to help when going back and forth when backfilling.
Thank you Skyking. I'm still learning my machine. Hopefully I can find a methodology that is not too cumbersome.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
I would suggest changing your quick couplers on the machine and the attachment to "connect under pressure" couplers from Stucci. That is what we do.

Island-digger

I would suggest changing your quick couplers on the machine and the attachment to "connect under pressure" couplers from Stucci. That is what we do.
This is enlightening. I didn't know there were such couplers. Thank you for this suggestion. I will check them out.

Island-digger

I actually figured out the solution. The procedure to connect and disconnect the auxiliary circuit for JD 35G is as follows:
Set auxiliary line selector to "Breaker Mode".
Disconnect left line
Disconnect right line
Change attachment
Connect right line
Connect left line
Set auxiliary line selector to mode you need (Bucket or Breaker)

It works like a champ. I have changed the lines between a breaker and bucket several times and had no trouble disconnecting and reconnecting the quick couplers of the hoses by hand.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
The procedure to connect and disconnect the auxiliary circuit for JD 35G is as follows:

Yes, that is what Deere says to do, and that does work. We set up all new machines with the Stucci's because many of our customers have multiple operators and to try to get everyone on the same page with procedures is impossible at best. So we minimize the calls by installing those couplers.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Often the point that get missed is that the key needs to be on - engine stopped - and control lock out in the operative position - this will allow pilot pressure from the accumulator when you active the option spool.
Kind regards
Uffex

kolot

I have the same issue with my CAT 303 and it has no acumulator. the key on prodedure seems to have no effect.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Kolot
I only have a hydraulic schematic for 304 but it certainly illustrates a accumulator. If you can describe how your option line are controlled try to help some more. May be an idea to appeal to Nige for a schematic's if you provide him with the serial no.
Kind regards
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Kolot
Not sure if your machine is the same as the attached, however if you sit in the seat raise the boom > kill the engine then turn the key on, if you can lower the boom for sure you have an accumulator on board.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• Cat 303 Accumulator.png
    Cat 303 Accumulator.png
    758.8 KB · Views: 6

uptight excavating

Good day Kolot
Not sure if your machine is the same as the attached, however if you sit in the seat raise the boom > kill the engine then turn the key on, if you can lower the boom for sure you have an accumulator on board.
Kind regards
Uffex
Good day Kolot
Kind regards
Uffex

kolot

no accumulator on my 303, I have had that thing completely stripped down, motor apart, cab, house and platform off. Unless somehow in all that I missed it, but 95% sure no accumulator. its a 2005.

kolot

that appears to be the newer version 303 , and by the way much easier to work on, that control valve is under the side cover and accessible, mine is under the floor boards and hard to get at. Funny part is the service repair manual does speak of the accumulator but the manual is generic covering several years of the model.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Kolot
A hydraulic schematic would tell all as long as it was applicable to your machine, we could make a simple manual release of residual pressure if that would help.
Keep smiling
Uffex

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day
Attached may help originally overlooked by me.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• GI Quick line couplings .pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 3