• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 350D Series, Access to diagnostic codes

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I had to stick my nose in a Deere this morning and could not find a way into the diagnostics in the monitor panel. Are there any good hearted techs or wrench out there that might offer up that information?
Thanks in advance!

TNB

Occupation
P-on
I had to stick my nose in a Deere this morning and could not find a way into the diagnostics in the monitor panel. Are there any good hearted techs or wrench out there that might offer up that information?
Thanks in advance!
Hold top right button on monitor while turning key on, hit menu button (3 lines) and service menu will be at the bottom. Select that and troubleshooting will get you active codes on all controllers..any controller with codes will read “abnormal”. Unfortunately to look at stored codes you will need to connect to the machine with diagnostic software. What’s the issue?

John C.

Occupation
Pulling any codes is part of my appraisal service. If I can access them I'll provide what information is available.
This machine didn't show any faults on the monitor. I wonder why Deere provides easy access to that on their wheel loaders, yet hides it on the excavators? Do you have to have a laptop and software to clear codes?
Thanks for your info. I have printed it out and will put it in my code book that I carry in the truck all the time.

ETMF 58 White

There is a short YouTube video of an 350D operator holding the top right button down and entering “Service Menu” mode. You don’t start the machine, just turn the key on. Easy once you figure it out. Unfortunately, unless it’s throwing an active code at that moment, they will all read normal. And if if does have an active code, you will have to have a way to decode it. Basically, service mode is pretty well worthless.

A JD mechanic told me the G series is much better. I would hope so. I love the control panel of my JD K dozers, they tell you the code and what it means and when it did it, etc. Excavators should follow suit.

John C.

Occupation
Thanks for the tip on the video. I checked out a machine at a local dealer's lot and got to see how it works. I'm putting together a much more complete video of it in the near future.