• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 344E F-N-R solenoid coil

excavator

I have a friend who is looking for a coil for the F-N-R solenoid valve on a 344E Deere wheel loader. The valve was made by Daikin and the coil is no longer available from either source. The Deere part number is 4425070, the old number was an AT177719. A complete valve part number is an AT187501, old number was an AT121622. Wondering if anyone might have one lying around or know of a replacement that would work. Daikin used the coils with the 2 prongs instead of external wires so it's a bit of an oddball. He also said that it looked like the cab needed to be removed to change the entire valve so he's really hoping to find a coil.
Thank you.

excavator

This part number is still available from Deere.
Thank you. Yes, apparently it is but it's the entire valve, not just the coil and it's just over $1000.00. So I guess I'm looking for the AT177719 part number. I just talked to the dealer and they said very limited parts available for the transmission on these loaders.

heymccall

Let's go easy. The coil may have numbers on it (manufacturer, wattage, part number, etc).
Even if not, a picture and all of the dimensions should yield enough info to obtain a suitable replacement.
As for wires vs terminals, almost every coil is available in different configurations, DIN, Deutsche, wire, metripak, etc...

Last edited:

excavator

They decided to order a complete valve since they didn't have a lot of time to mess with it. So thanks for your responses, they are appreciated.