• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 319d ctl won’t start

Peterjokinen

Help!!

Started my 319d Deere and drove it in the shop. Changed the battery, and now it won’t start. There is good voltage to the starter, lights and gauges come on, but won’t crank over. Checked all fuses, swapped starter relay with accessories relay, still no go. Any ideas?? I even put in old battery and still no go. There is one code and it reads emu2000.09 and I can’t find anything on the web for it.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Peter;)! Is the code active or stored? EMU 2009.09 is "No ECU Data on CAN Bus". Serial number of the machine would help also. Park brake switch is on when trying to crank? ECU fuses good (F3 and F15)?

Peterjokinen

Welcome to HEF Peter;)! Is the code active or stored? EMU 2009.09 is "No ECU Data on CAN Bus". Serial number of the machine would help also. Park brake switch is on when trying to crank? ECU fuses good (F3 and F15)?

Code is 2000.09, not 2009. All fuses are good, parking switch was engaged. SN is above☝️

Peterjokinen

Update- I’m a contractor, not a mechanic, lol. Here’s where I’m at- tested starter by jumping selenoid and starter cranks fine. I’m not getting any power through to the small wire on selenoid when turning the key. All fuses are good, I’ve swapped the relays, and no wires appear to be cut. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

skata

I've seen canbus errors caused by corrosion in connectors. Did you disturb any?

Peterjokinen

You have a volt meter? Check terminals of key switch.

Thanks, I did that after some investigation. Seems like the switch is working as it should, and with everything else I’ve checked, I’m thinking it must be a broken wire somewhere. Time to call in a professional, it’s beer 30 for me

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
If you have an active 2009.09 code then your machine won't crank. The ECU supplies the ground to the K1 start relay. If there is an active code for "NO ECU CAN Bus Data" that means you either have a problem with the CAN network (that is what the computers use to talk to each other) or you have an ECU that is dead, meaning it does not have power, ground (why I had you check fuses) or the ECU failed (not likely in my opinion). Check at the starter, where it mounts to the flywheel housing, there are ground wires attached there. Make sure the G31 black wire (that is the ground for the ECU) is attached there. It might be easier to check that with the cab raised.

Peterjokinen

If you have an active 2009.09 code then your machine won't crank. The ECU supplies the ground to the K1 start relay. If there is an active code for "NO ECU CAN Bus Data" that means you either have a problem with the CAN network (that is what the computers use to talk to each other) or you have an ECU that is dead, meaning it does not have power, ground (why I had you check fuses) or the ECU failed (not likely in my opinion). Check at the starter, where it mounts to the flywheel housing, there are ground wires attached there. Make sure the G31 black wire (that is the ground for the ECU) is attached there. It might be easier to check that with the cab raised.

I’ll check grounds. It is a 2000.09 code, not 2009.09. Or are they the same?

Peterjokinen

I dug a little deeper, checking with the volt meter, my number 3 fuse socket does not have power to it. All other fuse sockets are hot. It is a 20 amp ecu unswitched power.