• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 310SG sudden loss of power

Armymutt

I worked the machine for about an hour or so - dug out a tree and then started grading a pad for a barn. I headed down the hill to get a load of fill dirt, shifted gear to get there a little faster. Went to dig into the dirt pile and shifted into a lower gear. Suddenly, I had a major power loss. Pedal floored, the engine maxed out at 1650RPM, and dropped quickly to 1600. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem?

cosmaar1

I worked the machine for about an hour or so - dug out a tree and then started grading a pad for a barn. I headed down the hill to get a load of fill dirt, shifted gear to get there a little faster. Went to dig into the dirt pile and shifted into a lower gear. Suddenly, I had a major power loss. Pedal floored, the engine maxed out at 1650RPM, and dropped quickly to 1600. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem?

I will ask the obvious.... fuel in the tank? If there is a fuel/water separator, is it packed up with dirt? Fuel filter clogged? Hydraulic fluid reservoir tank full?