• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 310SG/SJ

knucklehead98

I have a couple of questions about these two machines,and was hoping that you guys could help me out. First off,let me give you a little background info. We are running the SG models, doing work for Union Pacific Railroad. We Are MEAN to our tractors.I know its not a good thing, but that is the way it is. Our maintenace program SUCKS for lack of better terms.My first question is, if the trans filter is not changed like it should be, will thiscause the road speed to go away?

My next question is concerning the SJ model with the TMC controls. I regularly carry 11, 8-10 Ft ties with me clamped in the thumb and back bucket. On our SG models,the bucket leaks off slowly, and you have to keep tightening up the bucket to keep from dropping my ties. With the TMC controls would you still be able to do this sitting in the forward position? Also can you do this with standard Pilot controls?
Thanks Heath

Cavalo

Occupation
Dependant backhoe contractor for provincial natura
Hey Knucklehead........I have a 310SG and my brother has a SJ. As Far as the road speed I would say no it wont take away the speed with a dirty filter. I believe that the cycle of oil for the driving is away from that part of the transmission.......I never changed my tranny filter on my old machine in 3000 hrs, I didnt notice a difference. The tightening of the bucket can be done in the foward position with standard pilot controls but a buzzer will scream at you every minute or so telling you that the hoe is on, that part is quite annoying actually. On the TMC you can also operate the back end sitting forward, but again there is the screaming! Hope this helps.........I was at a demo for the TMC and was quite impressed with its features. Good Luck

I have a couple of questions about these two machines,and was hoping that you guys could help me out. First off,let me give you a little background info. We are running the SG models, doing work for Union Pacific Railroad. We Are MEAN to our tractors.I know its not a good thing, but that is the way it is. Our maintenace program SUCKS for lack of better terms.My first question is, if the trans filter is not changed like it should be, will thiscause the road speed to go away?

My next question is concerning the SJ model with the TMC controls. I regularly carry 11, 8-10 Ft ties with me clamped in the thumb and back bucket. On our SG models,the bucket leaks off slowly, and you have to keep tightening up the bucket to keep from dropping my ties. With the TMC controls would you still be able to do this sitting in the forward position? Also can you do this with standard Pilot controls?
Thanks Heath

knucklehead98

Thanks for the info, I have been away from equipment for seeral years,but got back into it about 2 years ago.All of these new fangled options on the equipment has me wondering about some things

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
Just as a reminder,you also have to engage the toggle switch for the hoe with pilot controls for any function of the hoe {except the extendahoe and stabilizers} to operate which is also a royal PITA.