• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 27D......my first excavator

eganx

So I've just picked up my first excavator, mostly for personal use. Its for 2600 hours, new tracks, some new hydraulic lines, an 18" dig and 36" smooth edge buckets, and seems to be in reasonable condition for an 09.

All the other equipment I own came with manuals, so I'm trying to source manuals for the 27D. I see there is an operators manual and a service manual. I'm would assume the operators manual covers maintenance and the service manual covers overhauls?

I've only owned steel tracked equipment, so what kind of tension do you keep on rubber tracks? I'd imagine its significantly less?

Any pointers y'all can give me specific to this machine.....anything to keep an eye out for? Any notable weaknesses?

Thanks guys!