• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 250D ADT Questions

fensoncont.

Hello!

I posted in the excavator section how I am going to help my uncle bid a job. I only have info on Cat Machines from the Cat Performance Handbook. So from experience about how fast will a Deere 250D travel in mph when its loaded and when its empty??

JDOFMEMI

Nolan
I do not have an exact answer, but have you had any experience with the JD trucks? Do they run a comperable speed to the Cat trucks? If so, use the numbers from the Cat performance book, then adjust them according to your observations. Make sure to include overall job efficiency, rolling resistance, load factor for different materials, fixed times, and other variables specific to the job. When you get it all on paper, see how many loads per 8 or 10 hour shift you have figured, then compare to previous jobs. Did you really get that many? what are you missing. Also remember that with a truck spread, the trucks do not control production, but the loading tool does. You just add the right amount of trucks for the haul distance to keep the loading tool busy. Make sure you do not bid more loads with the trucks than the loader can load.
Keep up the learning and good attitude, and you can come work for me someday.