• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deere 240 parking break problem

nickkendall

I've got a 240 skid steer that has an issue with the parking break turn on
the dealership told me it is controlled by seat belt switch and that has been replaced and did not fix the problem it will go fine for a while then the parking break will pop on
does anyone have any experience with this?
any help would be greatly appreciated

cutting edge

There is also a switch under the seat that after a while gets a little weak and can trip the park brake when you go over a bump.

If that's not it,the problem is in the monitor (dash panel above the door) and you will need to replace it.

JWJDM

If machine has cab door the switch over your right shoulder that everyone leaves hanging down gets moisture in them and that will trip park brake while driving.

nickkendall

so i took and put a switch in place of under seat switch and it still does the same thing:/ I will take a look at the switch above the door
other than the two seat switches and the door switch is there anything else that could trip the parking break? any sensors or anything like that?

JWJDM

Sometimes the connector on key switch melts and causes problems. Have to pull console cover down to inspect.

nickkendall

I have replaced park brake switch i a have put new switches in for seat belt , and seat pressure switch , the park brake turns off and i can go for a bit then it will kick parking brake on right in the middle of going and slams to a stop !!! I have looked over everything i can and can't seem to see anything that could cause my issue . Does anyone have a diagram or know what each wire goes to i need to get this figured out. So is there the seat belt, seat pressure, and cab door is there anything else that has anything to do with the parking brake?
is there any way i can narrow down my search for the problem? any help would be greatly appreciated

cutting edge

I have replaced park brake switch i a have put new switches in for seat belt , and seat pressure switch , the park brake turns off and i can go for a bit then it will kick parking brake on right in the middle of going and slams to a stop !!! I have looked over everything i can and can't seem to see anything that could cause my issue . Does anyone have a diagram or know what each wire goes to i need to get this figured out. So is there the seat belt, seat pressure, and cab door is there anything else that has anything to do with the parking brake?
is there any way i can narrow down my search for the problem? any help would be greatly appreciated

If that's not it,the problem is in the monitor (dash panel above the door) and you will need to replace it.

Im not joking about this part.

btw, have you checked the connection at the actual park brake solenoid?

nickkendall

so had put in another new ignition switch and that seemed to work for a short time.. now its back kicking on and has completely became locked on
i have found i can wiggle the wires around the ignition switch and it will only start and work sometimes. also the gauge cluster one of the gauges does not work anymore and i can wiggle the wiring harness around and the entire cluster will fluctuate.. I am not able to get ahold of another harness or wiring plug for the ignition switch as the original plug was melted.. is the dash panel above the door that you mentioned the gauge cluster? also i heard there was a grounding issue with this model anyone with any experience on this?
thanks for any more help