• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Decision made-SV300 I4 purchased

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
After trying to decide which way to go with an i4 or 4 final, I opted for i4. I would have preferred the 4 final, but the cost increase really made the decision for me. There are quite a few around me, and after talking to those that have a i4 that I know, no one has had issues with them except one. That problem was linked to an overfueling problem which prematurely plugged the filter. So we will make a go with the i4, I usually would never buy a machine late in the model year but this will be an exception I guess (it is essentially a year old all ready).

As for the SV300 itself, I have been on and off renting a tier 3 used one for the last couple months. It has the large 14" tires and is really a nice loader. It is outstanding in loading trucks, with the large capacity 84" bucket its fast getting to dump height which is excellent, good reach (although not as good as my out going 465), very stable. It is very agile for a big machine. The only other machine demoed was the Deere 328E, and for us the SV300 was the better machine. The EH in the Deere had a lag that drove me insane, ran it for 10-12 hours and never could get used to it. Deere had great breakout but zero strength when pulling material back with the lip of the bucket. I guess those excellent breakout numbers come at a price when running the cylinders the other way.

The SV300 is coming with a 3year 3000 hour warranty so hopefully if the i4 has some issues it wont be out of pocket for as long as I will own it.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
do you think the new ones are as good as the XT series the new hollands that I have been around I don't like

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Well they certainly are not as built as HD as the XT and 400 series are. The cabs are 100 times better, they seem to be more fuel efficient. I like the responsiveness of the controls. The XT was designed when steel was cheap and it shows in the design. I think the 465 has more lift capacity at ground level.

clintm

Occupation
trucking,concrete recycling,grading, demolition
that what I thought I have two of the 90xt's that's been through hell and looks it but we just keep rebuilding them and just they keep going don't mind to keep putting a little money in them because know they will keep going . just can't seem to justify a new machine that my mexicans will have looking the same way in 6 months cleaning around crusher .may be if I was still doing site work daily I would try to run something a little newer. always looking for a good deal on a XT

JCBiron

Congrats on the new purchase. Is this your first new wheeled SR/SV series? Interested to hear your thoughts 200 hours from now compared to your old 465....

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It is my first Alpha wheeled machine. I hope I am still happy with the deal after 200 hours. I have no complaints about the 465 other than the cab comfort, but mechanically has been a good machine.

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Congrats on your purchase. I hope it works out to be a profitable machine for you.