• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Deadliest Catch.

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
The young bloke operating our crusher was getting a bit toey, after his old man, who was operating our loader, served up a couple of these to him yesterday.

Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis)
The Australian Brown Snake

The brown snake is approximately 1.5 metres long, and is one of Australia's more deadly creatures. They have venom which can cause death to humans relatively quickly if left untreated. Brown snakes up to 2.3 metres have been recorded in Australia.
They feed on small creatures, such as mice and rats, small birds, lizards or even other snakes. These snakes are found in Eastern Australia, however they are not found in Tasmania.

They hibernate in the rock piles and mice are in plentiful supply at the moment.

RnR.

Attachments

• RS1.jpg
    RS1.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 1,336
  • RS2.jpg
    RS2.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 1,575

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Some people get a little excitable over these things RnR... but I found a cure for one of those guys cousins today...its called a PC200...seems to fix them good.

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
A fella be the name of Pat sorted those out for us here and he didn't need a pc200....

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
What's that? is that what comes out of the south end of a northbound Roo?:D

But seriously, what is Goanna?

I would wager a guess that it's something that falls under the category "if you can kill it...we can grill it". :D

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
i'm glad i live in the great white north because snakes can't wear sweaters to keep warm. we have no snakes, no racoons, no skunks, no woodticks and no big spiders. but we have mosquites and you kill one and thousand show up at the funeral, LOL.

thansk for sharing, the computer makes the world a small place.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
ATCO:
"if you can kill it...we can grill it".
Well, "you probably could... and probably could"... :cool2

But....
Goannas are protected species throughout Australia.
And if you wanna fool with one....
The goanna's hefty tail can be dangerous when swung, much like a crocodile. Small children and dogs have been knocked down by such attacks. Goannas also rear up when threatened, either chased or cornered, and also inflate flaps of skin around their throats and emit harsh hissing noises.
And if you want one on top of your baseball cap... emitting harsh hissing noises... :lmao
Alarmed goannas can mistake standing humans for trees and attempt to climb off the ground to safety, which is understandably painful, as well as distressing for both man and beast.
As for taste, well, that feller runnin' them wore out brakes did fine... ;)

And, of course, considering any possible legal ramifications, I've kept names to a minimum... :cool:

OCR... :)

RocksnRoses

Occupation
The weapons of choice in this instance were the WA 380 bucket and a long handled shovel and I noticed the edge of the shovel got bent in the process.

A fella be the name of Pat sorted those out for us here and he didn't need a pc200....

I reckon we could keep him busy for a while, we had another one today.

I Suppose they taste like chicken

Never tasted it and I don't think I'm about to try.

we have no snakes,

What about those great big bears, that just hug you to death, Koo?

But seriously, what is Goanna?
"if you can kill it...we can grill it".

Here you go.

RnR.

Attachments

• Common_Goanna_Australia.jpg
    Common_Goanna_Australia.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,192
  • au200272.jpg
    au200272.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,382
  • au246341.jpg
    au246341.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,181

stock

Occupation
We have moved on and now were lost....
Don't they need garlic ??? Seem to remember a fella saying that on a teleflick "Nah needs Garlic" or some such statement.............

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
And, of course, considering any possible legal ramifications, I've kept names to a minimum... :cool:

OCR... :)

Uh huh...and placed mine first thing promplty. Bah ha ha ha.

No worries, RnR seems to have provided my redemption by posting some locals dispatching and "grilling" one. Thanks RnR. ;)

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Uh huh...and placed mine first thing promplty.

Well yes, sometimes sacrifices are necessary, for the greater good... :cool2

However... the name was changed, to protect the guilty....

Notice, if you will, the abbreviation in the quote... :rolleyes:

OCR... :lmao

AusDave

Occupation
Self employed
Now for the rodent plagues

The young bloke operating our crusher was getting a bit toey, after his old man, who was operating our loader, served up a couple of these to him yesterday.

They hibernate in the rock piles and mice are in plentiful supply at the moment.

RnR.

Uh oh, now we're gonna have a rat and mouse plague:(

I think I'd rather have snakes in my yard than rats & mice. Though probably pythons, they're not so bitey. I've had to put some rat/mice baits out lately but we do have kangaroos doing a good job on our lawn.
Note the two headed kangaroos we have, the upper head for the long grass and the lower head for a nice short finish:)

AusDave

Attachments

• Kangaroo_IMG_1171.jpg
    Kangaroo_IMG_1171.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 252

plantman.uk

Occupation
excavator operator
what if i grab that abbo's balls then roast him in the fire

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Uh oh, now we're gonna have a rat and mouse plague:(

I think I'd rather have snakes in my yard than rats & mice. Though probably pythons, they're not so bitey. I've had to put some rat/mice baits out lately but we do have kangaroos doing a good job on our lawn.
Note the two headed kangaroos we have, the upper head for the long grass and the lower head for a nice short finish:)

AusDave

Do you have a patent on the two headed lawnmower, Dave, brilliant idea.

I totally agree with you about the rats and mice, we are having a mini mouse plague here at the moment and in other parts of the state, they are really bad. The problem is, we need St. Pat here, to charm the snakes out of the rock piles before we shovel them up.

RnR.