• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Dale Earnhardt Sr. on a D 10

BigWrench55

I haven't seen a TJ Lambert equipment in years. One of the last few companies that would hire independents. To bad they aren't in business anymore. At least hear in Texas.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I haven't seen a TJ Lambert equipment in years. One of the last few companies that would hire independents. To bad they aren't in business anymore. At least hear in Texas.

Paul independents as in an independent mechanic? I wish I could find an independent mechanic in my area.

BigWrench55

Paul independents as in an independent mechanic? I wish I could find an independent mechanic in my area

Yes.
Unfortunately independent mechanics are becoming a thing of the past. Companies around here are buying their own service trucks and putting warm bodies in them to save a buck. I have been toying with the idea of buying a service truck and going in the business of bailing out these warm bodied parts changers. Just can't crap or get off the pot.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
We're a small company that cannot afford a full time mechanic and service truck at our size. I wish I had a a mechanic I could call when when a machine goes down but not be on my clock full time.

Tinkerer

I haven't seen a TJ Lambert equipment in years. One of the last few companies that would hire independents. To bad they aren't in business anymore. At least here in Texas.
After Tommy Lambrecht was killed in a car accident on his way home after a NASCAR race in 2003, his wife took control of the company. It wasn't too many years and she sold everything.
I worked 30 years for the original Brown and Lambrecht and then TJL.
Laverne "Bitz" Brown and Paul Lambrecht are both deceased.

petepilot

Yes.
Unfortunately independent mechanics are becoming a thing of the past. Companies around here are buying their own service trucks and putting warm bodies in them to save a buck. I have been toying with the idea of buying a service truck and going in the business of bailing out these warm bodied parts changers. Just can't crap or get off the pot.
warm bodies are all you get in or out of shops now days` seen a couple this last week that made me wonder about their temperature. won`t mention who they worked for:mad: