• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Daewoo/Solar 450-III boom hydraulic issue

baexcavating

Occupation
Work like a rented mule to make ends meet
I have an issue on my 450 Daewoo, for some reason that I can't find, the book will hydraulically lock when trying to go down. Sometimes you can get it to work by moving the stick, but other times you have to take what appears to be a check valve out to get it to drop.
Hope someone has some info for me on this. Thanks

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day ba
The check valve is normally opened by the same line that operates the main valve, if the main valve is functioning correctly the issue must be at the check valve release mechanism.
Kind regards
Uffex

baexcavating

Occupation
Good day ba
The check valve is normally opened by the same line that operates the main valve, if the main valve is functioning correctly the issue must be at the check valve release mechanism.
Kind regards
Uffex
I swapped the check valve (assuming that's what it is) from the raise side into it and problem remains the same...

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day again
Please see attached it may help, if you need more detail email me a picture of the valve and valve chest.
KR
Uffex

Attachments

• boom holding valve.pdf
    779.6 KB · Views: 25

baexcavating

Occupation
Good day again
Please see attached it may help, if you need more detail email me a picture of the valve and valve chest.
KR
Uffex
For some reason I can't open the file you sent.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Ba
We have tried with differing PC's it opens OK but you need a PDF reader, these are free you can download from the web
KR
Uffex

baexcavating

Occupation
I temporarily resolved the issue by removing the check valve on the boom lowering circuit. Not the right way to fix it, but works fine til I can pull it all apart and figure it out this winter

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Ba
Please post me a snap of the main valve chest and the main lines that connect the boom cylinders.
KR
Uffex