• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

dad's first machine

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Well, it's as old as me, but it looks better.......

:lmao:falldownlaugh...Maybe you could use a coat of paint too Joe:rolleyes:

Dayexco stole my thunder. This christmas I'm hoping to locate Dad's old crawler in the scrub out the back of nowhere. The ole man is really looking forward to the trip although he is nearly 80. He swears he knows exactly where he left that #*!!#^* piece of old crap back in the 50's:cool2. He keeps on wanting to bring some shotless shotgun cartridges with him so we can "fire the old girl up":eek: I don't know we can go that far on this trip but I can see the truck doing a long trip up the Murchison region in the not too distant future.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
I am impressed by how good that old trencher looks.The sheetmetal is like new on it.
It shows how good you take care of your equipment.Ron G

Last edited:

dayexco

that pic is at least 25 yrs old, alas.....that trencher is probably now melted down into the frame of peterbilt somewhere

Taylortractornu

Charter Member
Occupation
Privvate landfill operator/manager
Is that a Chain or a bucket wheel machine? Im couldnt tell in the pic, you should restore the old rig. I think it would be a hit at a show or a nice displae piece in front of an office. Used to be a fellow in Alabama I knew that had an old TD18 dozer with a B&E blade and Hiels scraper behind it. sitting in a mulched flowerbed. It was a good looking pice and he joked about it getting used. I went in one day went in to see him about an extra job and there was fresh tracks comming out of the flower bed, turned out he had a show to go to and then dug a pond in a wet spot.