1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Da115 Toyota 6000

Discussion in 'Trucks' started by Cam85, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Cam85

Cam85 Senior Member

hi all its been a while I’m about to do something stupid and was hopeing someone on here might have some first hand experience.

Some of the older members in here might remember the Toyota trucks from the 70s the da115 with the 2d eng.

I have recently acquired one she has no rust and is strait in really good order but the eng is shagged instead of rebuilding the 2d am thinking of an eng swap along the lines of an eh 700 out of a Hino or similar anybody done it mounting the eng is easy but marrying it up to the box could b hard unless I use the Hino box as well.

What are your thoughts

2. Cam85

Cam85 Senior Member

There is alwase a 3208 and a 9 speed Eaton out of a loui boy that’s a big job I kinda like the idea of the japa option staying sincro for user friendly purposes