• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

d8r u blade

rdr

looking for a u blade to fit a d8r location se Kansas will buy outright or trade su blade thanks ron

rdr

Did you find a blade yet, friend of mine has blade off d8n
no I have not if you could get numbers off of blade I will see if it will work we will rebuild it if needed ny is
a ways to go but would like to know about it also looking for d6t full u blade thanks ron

catfixer

checked around online, aint much to find, seems most guys put U blades on 9's and up. Will keep an eye out? What are you using U blades for in SEK? I ain't seen much by way of quarries or mining here. granted, i've only been in kansas a year

rdr

catfixer I to live near pittsburg ks we do strip rock quarries near here in ks .ok. mo. coal mine reclaim /site work/ roads /and about any type of grading . we went to the smaller dozers because most jobs now days are smaller . had full u on d9s for years and on 8hs 8ks in the past . we think the u blades grade best/ carry best /clear timber best /and we do push load scrapers with full u blades. they are heavy on the front idlers but with the right ripper on the rear . we don't idler problems [catfixer I lived with in 15 miles of pittsburg for 57 years] [and yes a full u off a 8n will work talked to Joplin dealer a few days ago ]

rdr

Hey Rdr, do you need the push arms on the D8R, too?

we do not need the push arms but that is not a deal braker if they need to get rid of them also really just need the mowboard for a full u blade

catfixer

I was up at Fabick in Joplin last Thursday and asked the fellas there about your blade request. he said that they didn't have anything there, but it would be worth checking with their used parts guys their number is 1800-cat-used. I guess mine reclamation would make a good bit of sense, plenty of old strip mines around here. If you find yourself in need of machinery repair, or just want to talk about bulldozers over a burger at bob's grill please feel free to give me a shout. Cameron (919) 616-2257

Last edited: