• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D8R hot trans?

Robert0769

I've used four different allen wrench sets and none of them fit because there is no clearance between the valve and the pump. The short sides are all too long. I'm thinking maybe if I get a allen bit and use pliers.

Attachments

• IMG_20190807_103815413.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 14

Robert0769

That is the correct part right? It has port A going directly to it and matches in shape. However it does not have a bleeder hole as shown on the picture next to a hose outlet. I'm suspecting it may not be the same thing

Mark250

Occupation
heavy equipment technician
Mark, is that the bleed screw that I've circled..?

View attachment 200221
that's it Nige it is similar to the G and H series graders and uses the same procedure to bleed the signal line
Looking at the ops picture he has the allen key in the wrong fitting. The bleed screw will be underneath the signal hose. the hose will need to be loosened and moved out of the way
Mark

Robert0769

that's it Nige it is similar to the G and H series graders and uses the same procedure to bleed the signal line
Looking at the ops picture he has the allen key in the wrong fitting. The bleed screw will be underneath the signal hose. the hose will need to be loosened and moved out of the way
Mark

Yes I agree, I see where the hose is in the way and needs to be moved, however there is no bleed screw there. I had a friend look too in case I'm seeing things but it's all solid. I'll get a better picture

Robert0769

Zooming in on the component where the bleeder should be. There is only a hose, not a bleeder nut

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_120027473.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20190807_100127104.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190808_115936965.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190808_115926869.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 10

Robert0769

What about this? Test point B leads here

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_121221425.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190808_121206686.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 8

Mark250

Occupation
Due to the age of the machine the pump or compensator has probably been up dated and in that case is self bleeding
tell us more about what happened for the simple resolver test
Did the lift feel like normal when you operated the tilt control?

Robert0769

Due to the age of the machine the pump or compensator has probably been up dated and in that case is self bleeding
tell us more about what happened for the simple resolver test
Did the lift feel like normal when you operated the tilt control?

It does not lift when operating the ripper. For half a second it did lift but then stopped and didn't happen again. It does not lift when tilting up however since one side is up with tilt it won't go down unless I push down. Sometimes in reverse it raises very slowly

Robert0769

Looks like I need to have the control valve rebuilt and if that doesn't do it have the pump replaced. Must have been a coincidence that it happened right when I changed the hydraulic oil

Robert0769

In order to remove the control valve I'll have to drain the hydraulic tank correct? It will gravity flow all over if not?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Looks like I need to have the control valve rebuilt and if that doesn't do it have the pump replaced. Must have been a coincidence that it happened right when I changed the hydraulic oil
Go back to one of my previous posts regarding your oil analysis results stating it was unusual for a machine to have SAE30 oil in the hydraulic system, especially one that came from somewhere up North. Was the previous owner masking an existing problem by putting a higher viscosity oil in the hydraulic system and you exposed the problem when you switched to SAE10W30 oil..?

Robert0769

Go back to one of my previous posts regarding your oil analysis results stating it was unusual for a machine to have SAE30 oil in the hydraulic system, especially one that came from somewhere up North. Was the previous owner masking an existing problem by putting a higher viscosity oil in the hydraulic system and you exposed the problem when you switched to SAE10W30 oil..?

You feel I should try putting 30wt in?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
At this moment I really don’t know what to suggest, all I can say is that if it had 30wt in it before possibly the reason was to try to cover up a problem. If you want to give it a try with 30wt then go ahead. If that “fixes” the problem then at least you know that something is wrong in the hydraulic system that at some point will have to be properly diagnosed and fixed.

Shimmy1

I generally keep my nose out of threads when I have nothing intelligent to add, but is there really enough of a difference in the viscosity of 30wt vs. 10W30 when cold to matter? If it doesn't lift now, I sincerely doubt it's going to magically lift with 30wt.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
At this point you would be money ahead to get a professional out there to do the diagnosis and find out exactly what is wrong. It's not doing you any good to keep jumping around between here and the machine trying things and all we can do is suggest what might be going on.

Shimmy1

An SAE 30 oil is approximately 2.5 times the viscosity of a 10W when cold. It may make a difference.
10W, yes. I haven't read the whole thread, but you said in post #173 he put 10W30 in, and 10W30 is a bunch thicker than 10W, in my experience.

Mark250

Occupation
Before you pull the control valve, and it is a pain in the ar$e to remove, have a look at the main relief valve, as it is common across all controls. At this stage you have nothing to loose