• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D8L and other equipment

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
These are some pictures of our D8 after spending about 4 months at the dealer. Work done included new extreme duty undercarriage, line boring and bushing throughout the entire machine, transmission rebuild, and a nice Cat paint job. We had them update the colors and add the black and red to give it a little more.......the other pic is my truck towing the Rops and the last pics are of our new STi/ KW service truck we just got.....just waiting on lettering and a repainted drivers door at the dealer (scratch that no one seems to know where it came from??)

John

Attachments

• equipmentparade 015.jpg
    equipmentparade 015.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 851
  • equipmentparade 017.jpg
    equipmentparade 017.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 852
  • equipmentparade 018.jpg
    equipmentparade 018.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 843

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
more pics

Attachments

• equipmentparade 029.jpg
    equipmentparade 029.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 842
  • equipmentparade 035.jpg
    equipmentparade 035.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 843
  • equipmentparade 036.jpg
    equipmentparade 036.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 832

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Nice how many hrs., we just put a new motor in ours?

jazak

Nice Kenworth (love the color blue on trucks) and the CAT looks new with that paint job. :thumbsup

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
I'am surprised you guys are allowed to carry a D-8 on a smaller lowbed like that one. In my area we would be required to use a Jeep then a triaxle lowbed.

The equipment looks good all painted up. The KW service truck looks like a nice unit a person would have to have enough work to make a truck like that pay for itself it prolly cost close to 100,000 new. A F-550 4x4 diesel service truck is minimum 75,000 dollars here.

rino1494

Very nice looking, there aren't too many companies that will put that much money into a L around here.

2004F550

Charter Member
Occupation
Operator/Student
Its got about 17,000 hrs....it is older but when you look at a new D9T or even a D9R...we could never afford to buy one...so we put a little $$ in this one...and the D8R/D8T, well it just isn't a D8L

The truck we have been due a new service truck for a while, the prior truck is a 84 Chevy C30 with a reading tool box that is completely rusted, the mechanic usually has to work on it before he can go work on equipment. This truck costs a little more than 100k but will serve us for a long time, we just could justify the 550 or a 5500 because after we put all the tools/welder on it we would be running overweight, plus with the KW we can get a 5 ton crane.

And the lowbed is a 55 ton talbert, 4 axle. It is legal for the D8, plus we have the triaxle tractor. There is a company around that has a tandem KW and a triaxle fontaine that moves their D8 I don't see how they are legal but who knows.

Ford LT-9000

Banned
Occupation
Rolling around in the dirt
You prolly can be guaranteed the KW service truck will last double the mileage over a F-550 or 5500.

farmerted44

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
hello,
i dont know how much your rebuild set you ya all back, but in my opinion you definetely have a better machine than a D8T.
After only six months, cant remember exact hours, our D8T is constantly overheating , coolant and tranny. lacked power from day we took delivery...we also have a D8N,16000+ hours, it will out push the T all day long!!
i think you all made a helluva investment!!:thumbsup