• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D8 R's or T's LGP?

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Looking for some info on D8 LGP's. I have seen them mentioned in the CPH, and in the online brochure, but have never seen one with my own two eyes.
We are building a 1400' by 1000' landfill cell and are in the process of placing the 3' of operations layer right now. We have been building 10 foot deep roads out across the cell in a couple places with a 8T, then shoving the material out to 4 or 5 foot deep across the liner with it, (have to have at least 4 feet under the D8 to run on top of the liner) and then coming back in with a 6R LGP and a 6T LGP to cut it down to 3 foot. (grade)
The killer though is the 3:1 slopes that are 1400' long and 225' tall. We push material up the slope in 6 to 8 foot deep roads, about 100 feet apart, and then side cast it out to grade with the 6's. I cant help but think that with a D8 LGP we could get it down a little closer to grade, and were we need it a heck of alot quicker.
In the past we have used a 330 to cast the muck off the side of the road, but still need the 8 feeding it and the 6's doing the grading.
Just wondering mostly if anybody has ran a 8LGP!

JDOFMEMI

Have you looked into the Morooka tracked dump trucks? I did some research on them some time ago, and I think they will run about 4.5 psi loaded. That compares with the D-6, and you could dump right at the end, just spread with the 6.

Its always easier to carry it than push it.

gd10r

Jason, I have one on my 600K rock job, has short tracks but looks different. Had to ask and it was one of the few made. There wernt to many D8R LGPs made from what I have heard. G

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Jason, I have one on my 600K rock job, has short tracks but looks different. Had to ask and it was one of the few made. There wernt to many D8R LGPs made from what I have heard. G

LGP's are always a barrel of fun on a rock job, hah.:drinkup

cummins05

I have only run one D8Rlgp rare indeed expensive to replace undercarrage.

I was told 25% more then a D7 lgp

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Have you looked into the Morooka tracked dump trucks? I did some research on them some time ago, and I think they will run about 4.5 psi loaded. That compares with the D-6, and you could dump right at the end, just spread with the 6.

Its always easier to carry it than push it.

We've thought about them on smaller jobs. Problem is availibility and rental cost. They dont haul very much, so it makes more sence to us to build the deep roads with the big trucks and push it out. We already have the trucks. Then just lay off the Teamsters!
This job is close to 220,000 yards of dirt for the ops layer. The floor has been pretty easy so far, but like I said earlier the slopes are KILLING us! The engineer on the project will not let us push downhill over the liner, so it all has to go up. I think the track dumps would work on the slope just fine, but once again its the little amount of muck that they haul. We'd probally need 10 of them to keep up with our schedule. And I'm sure some rocket surgen of an engineer would balk at the thought of backing a loaded truck up the slope!

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302

We have put narrow tracks on the 6's in the past to use them in the rock. They look kinda funny with 18" pads on the wide LGP stance.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I think I've seen one wide track D8 until I saw those photos from Europe. I don't think I've ever heard of a purpose built D8LGP before.

We had a D8H with I think 34" or 36" pads in a coal mine I worked at years ago. Thing worked OK down hill sloping the dumps we built. I don't think it would work up hill worth anything though. The tracks just kept spinning.

Beachbum0286

What?:beatsme

We looked into trying to find a LGP 8. They dont exist in the 13 western states! There isn't even one for sale on Machinery Trader.
Oh well. Mabey next time.

I just looked at machinery traders auction results and 2 D8R LGP's sold in Grand Prairie in april for 182000 and 160000. Keep an eye out, one might pop up somewhere.

YSD2763665

common rail item and injector .
does any one know the common rail system ?
we need it for improved our manufacturere
yellow stone diesel spare parts