• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D7G leaking final drive oil

gwedel

My D7G is leaking very small amounts of oil onto the track. Only see when the dozer is parked. The oil is not coming from the final drive side of the drive sprocket. It is dripping onto the outside of the drive sprocket. What is involved in replacing outer seals?

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
Might want to check the preload on the bearing ,not sure if that makes a difference on the cone seal or not.Luckly it's the outside cone seal ,don't have to press the sprocket off this time at least.Unless you find more wrong.Good luck

nicky 68a

can be a sign of upset to come.Need to look at filters but clean ones aren't allways a sign of unrest in there.If you are going to the trouble of doing the seal,you must keep looking.
I've never had a final leak that wasn;t trouble.I have kept them going until time allows a strip down to fix them.

Heavey Metal

If the oil is running down the sproket than it is the seal.

If it is driping off the holder than it is leaking down the dead axle key way.

Is there any slack in the holder to bushing joint, sproket than you need to seal and bearing the whole works.

If no slack and an oil sample and inspection of the oil dosnt show much metal than you can pull the dead axle nut and seal the keyway with silicone

as long as the holder taper is good.

On a later model one your than going to have to grease the bushing than.