• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6T C9 valve set

ETER

simon, I would think that if the bore could scuffs could be cleaned up with some 400 or lightly honed so that one of the neighboring healthy lifters can "glide" nicely in the bore, then I would go for it (mostly 'cause I don't have a nickle in it):drinkup. It would be good if you could post a pic of the bore "for the thousand word analogy"?
Regards, Bob

Cmark

Service mag SEPD1810 is for An Improved Guide Spring and Valve Lifter Assembly Are Used in Certain Machines Equipped with C-9, C9 ACERT Engines, and C9.3 ACERT Engines. It mentions two special instructions, SEBF9008 and SEBF8069 which refer to 3400 series block and lifter bore salvage. I can't access these two special instructions from the SIS account I'm on at the moment. Anyone else got access to them?

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
Thanks Cmark, I'll try to access that this evening. Headed home now. Passed on all the findings to the customer and he has already said that he wants the motor pulling and a long block installing, the machine will be sold with the new motor to recap as much cost as possible.
I will post images of the damage when I get in. Thanks for everyone's input.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Service mag SEPD1810 is for An Improved Guide Spring and Valve Lifter Assembly Are Used in Certain Machines Equipped with C-9, C9 ACERT Engines, and C9.3 ACERT Engines. It mentions two special instructions, SEBF9008 and SEBF8069 which refer to 3400 series block and lifter bore salvage. I can't access these two special instructions from the SIS account I'm on at the moment. Anyone else got access to them?
Mark250 might be the man for that .....

Cmark

Mark250 might be the man for that .....

Yep, possibly he might. I believe he's on a generic mining customer license. If they have access to the PI and PS documentation then I think he should be able to get to these two documents.

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
Sorry for no images as yet, been hellish busy! Had a hell of a job on the rear nose one pins, but the motor is being lifted today.
Can anyone read Cat service bulletins? I have heard of this issue and subsequently a bulletin but I don't have access to read it. The reference is PS52705.
Thanks in advance.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
PS52705 is an After Failure only program published in July 2014 titled "Reworking Valve Lifters and Guide Springs" on a range of models that includes the D6T. I can't access the fine detail though. Get the customer to call his dealer and ask them straight up if his S/N of tractor is included in the Affected Product of PS52705.