• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6T Air Filter Restricted

ms0115

CAT D6T XL
Serial - GMK 0153

Engine air filter restriction keeps coming up on the monitor. We have changed filters, disassembled and cleaned pre cleaner. The message came back. Ran it with no air filter and the message came back. Changed the sensor, same condition. Any ideas or suggestions?

Attachments

• image-2020-05-17-18-42-38.jpg
    image-2020-05-17-18-42-38.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 26

ms0115

I have changed the air filters. Replaced the intake pressure sensor. And replaced the sensor behind the air filters. Code E583-2 has appeared again. Any ideas on how to resolve this matter.Thanks.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
There are two 320-3063 pressure sensors on that engine. One for atmospheric air pressure, the other for inlet manifold (turbo entry) pressure. The difference of the two pressure values is used to calculate the air filter restriction.

Please check the colours and numbers of the three wires that connect to the 320-3063 that you replaced.
Are they - 997 Orange, 993 Brown, & F714 Pink OR - Y748 White, G833 Pink, & R747 Grey..?

upload_2020-9-25_11-24-27.png
upload_2020-9-25_11-25-7.png

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
Without looking at the schematic doesn't the D6T have an atmospheric pressure sensor.?
If it does then air filter restriction is calculated by taking the atmospheric pressure reading minus intake manifold pressure.
Full troubleshooting procedure attached.

My D6T was throwing similar faults, that atmospheric pressure sensor was one that comes to mind. The local cat dealer, Toromont went to town on it, and in particular changed an injector etc etc etc. They were chasing their tail in my opinion. What came out of it all was that dozer has a prevalence of broken wires in various bundles on the engine. Causes exactly the kind of issues you are having. I had the techs out about 6 times last year and finally they found the wire causing the issue. One thing that stuck in my mind was when I saw the tech with a bag of ready made CAT branded little wire patch kits.

Anyway, not problems this year, so that broken wire fixed it.

dust eater

My D6T was throwing similar faults, that atmospheric pressure sensor was one that comes to mind. The local cat dealer, Toromont went to town on it, and in particular changed an injector etc etc etc. They were chasing their tail in my opinion. What came out of it all was that dozer has a prevalence of broken wires in various bundles on the engine. Causes exactly the kind of issues you are having. I had the techs out about 6 times last year and finally they found the wire causing the issue. One thing that stuck in my mind was when I saw the tech with a bag of ready made CAT branded little wire patch kits.

Anyway, not problems this year, so that broken wire fixed it.

we are having the same problem with a D-8R that has a history of wiring issues. that is the first place we are looking Monday morning