• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6R C9

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I had a look at the KENR5869 electrical schematic.
No Monitor Service Tool connector. Also no 290/291 (scroll/clear) wires in the machine harness or marked pins on the ECM as far as I can see.

The weird thing is that the service documentation specific to the machine Serial number clearly states.......... "For troubleshooting the Power Train Electronic Control System, service personnel must place the Caterpillar Monitoring System in Service Mode of operation. The 4C-8195 Control Service Tool is used for changing the display modes of the monitor. See Testing and Adjusting, "Using Caterpillar Monitoring System to determine diagnostic codes.".

Last edited:

Queenslander

Sounds expensive.
Did you have to replace the entire pump as well?
Trouble is, no amount of preventative maintenance can safeguard against a breakdown like that.
Thanks for the update.

Singo88

Yeah put a new reman heui pump on from cat, Ecm and pump were $4000 all up roughly, adds up but hopefully won’t have any more trouble now for awhile,
Yeah just bad luck when it went

ETMF 58 White

Reading this thread makes me glad I am rebuilding my 3306 powered D6R instead of trading up to a later model. Going to end up costing $30k probably but engine, equalizer bar, pivot shaft seals and all rollers and idlers will be new or like new. Cat mechanic remarked something about “that real old dozer” when he was out on our job last fall working on a brand new rental unit that went haywire at 11 HOURS!

Nwufor

Hi Seniors ... can i have the electrical schematic for this machine... D6R (THY00780) PLEASE... THANK YOU!