• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6R C9

Singo88

Have a 2011-12 D6R C9
open cab originally, jap import
Blew radiator out while turned off
Went to start, engine started ok blew a little black smoke on idle, went to rev up running Rough no power, and won’t rev up blowing abit of black smoke so turned engine off and now won’t start
Orange action lamp on in warning lights on, motor cranks over but won’t start
Any ideas??

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The solid yellow warning light is the lowest possible warning level. I can't think off the top of my head what would cause an engine not to start even with it lit.

Question: When you first turn on the key and the panel does its self-test where all the lights flash, buzzer sounds, gauges sweep full scale, etc, etc - Does each of the warning lights 2 through 10 on the iliustration below light up during the test..?

upload_2020-12-21_15-5-48.png

Nige

Need to get the monitor into Diagnostic Mode.
This is done using the ignition key switch. I'm not 100% sure about the procedure (maybe one of the other Cat guys can help here) but try this ......
Turn key on. Allow the panel to complete the self-test.
Turn the key off, give it no more than 2 seconds and turn it back on again.
Let us know if that works.

Singo88

So all the warning lights and systems gauges do there check when first turn key on everything normal all lights are on,
I tried turning key on and turn off for no longer than 2 sec and it didn’t work, tried a few times,
That code comes on when first turn key before system check starts,
Do you think if a fuel filter was totally blocked it could trip that warning light on? And not getting enough fuel could be causing the problem, I think there’s a seperate light for high or low fuel pressure BED1EE38-70A4-4EAC-9D47-A279D50BF6AF.jpeg ?
Was running fine under load before though, fuel filters done about 290 hours,

Queenslander

I believe that the S6X is closely related to our S6T tractor.
6X being standard and 6T the XL version, both Japanese made, tier2 engines and no electronic trans. control.
I was once told that codes can’t be read from this monitor and the O&M manual doesn’t mention it, so I would be keen to know if this is right or not.
That exact same code also appears on our machine when the key is first turned.

Nige

I believe that the S6X is closely related to our S6T tractor.
6X being standard and 6T the XL version, both Japanese made, tier2 engines and no electronic trans. control.
I was once told that codes can’t be read from this monitor and the O&M manual doesn’t mention it, so I would be keen to know if this is right or not.
That exact same code also appears on our machine when the key is first turned.
It’s not a Code. It’s the Part Number of the Monitor software.

Mobiltech

Occupation
Self employed Heavy duty mechanic
Did you do anything else at the same time or just before this such as change oil and fuel filters?
An engine that’s running out of fuel can have small puffs of black smoke before it dies.
Make sure the fuel tank shutoff is in the on position.

Singo88

Well haven’t really got to far as of yet, been through checking connection plugs, fuel filters
Cat are telling us a clicker box no use for this machine and the diagnostic codes can only be read by a laptop,
So about at the stage of getting someone out with a laptop to see what’s going on, or take machines ecm out and take to someone to read
Queenslander it seems that what you have been told is right,
In Queensland near Clermont

Singo88

Yeah rito that’s on left side behind drivers seat

Attachments

• 072272BB-79E1-491A-8B7F-C18832A51CA1.jpeg
    072272BB-79E1-491A-8B7F-C18832A51CA1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18

Singo88

74F37567-DDBE-4B8D-928B-6D945B66D72D.jpeg And on right side down the bottom I originally thought the square plug down there was for clicker box, is that the plug there for it?

Cmark

In that case it may be the service connector for product link. It looks like I stand corrected on the clicker box issue.