• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6n parking brake won't release

Pushing forward

Correct, had the panel off with the throttle control unhooked. Decel was working when I unloaded it. Serv code stays on. The active codes are:
036 264.08
036 263.04
113 298.02
113 468.08
113 468.13

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
036 264.08 - Decel pedal sensor position signal abnormal
036 263.04 - Digital sensor supply short to ground (this is why the decel pedal won't work)
113 298.02 - service brake pedal switch
113 468.08 - service brake pedal position sensor - abnormal frequency, pulse width or period.
113 468.13 - service brake pedal position sensor - requires calibration.

Do you still have the brake pedal sensor disconnected.? If so then ignore the last two Codes for now.

Here are the procedures for the 263-04 and the 298-02. I would suggest you tackle these two first. get them sorted then we'll move forward.

Attachments

• MID036 CID0263 FMI04.pdf
    349.6 KB · Views: 8
  • MID113 CID0298 FMI02.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 10

nicky 68a

Wow,what a complex thread.
The information here is priceless but well above my head.
The days of hammers seem to have long gone.
Good luck with the repair.
I’ll keep watching

Pushing forward

Update:
Cat tech came and rebuilt the brake control valve. Removed final drives and rebuilt the brakes. Still the same. After more digging the problem was found to be the two brake solenoids put on the second day were in the right box but the wrong solenoids. Once right solenoids were installed everything worked properly. Thank you for everyones help.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
After more digging the problem was found to be the two brake solenoids put on the second day were in the right box but the wrong solenoids.
That sort of thing can make anyone tear their hair out. If the label on the box indicates the correct Part Number why would anyone suspect that what's actually in it is not the same P/N.?

Welder Dave

If they came from Cat labeled wrong I think you should be getting some serious compensation for their screw up. It seems extremely odd that the solenoids would be so similar that it wasn't obvious they were wrong or different. Was the Cat tech. the one who discovered the solenoids were wrong or was it more a process of elimination since everything else was replaced or rebuilt?

I'm sure there are many who would have some choice words for Cat parts royal $$$! up.

Pushing forward

One Cat tech pt them on, and a different tech found them. They did not charge me for the last week working on it. However they are still not willing to discuss the first round.

nicky 68a

Your Cat dealer will simply bury their heads and won’t admit anything.
You’ve been lucky to get a few week of labour out of them