• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6Hlgp serial number location

Shivan Dookeran

Hello members , im working on a severly abused d6h that was painted a few times without care, now i cant seem to find the serial number plate in the usual locations , either they were removed or painted over with multiple layers of paint .. i found a plate inside on the hood and the machine logo

Any help or tips on where to look for theses id number will be greatly appreciated
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-14 at 7.53.30 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-06-14 at 7.53.30 PM.jpeg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The plate in your 2nd photo is the Part Numbers for the Cab & the ROPS. Not much help I'm afraid.

It should be stamped (or a riveted plate) on the LH upper rear corner of the frame, also on a plate somewhere underneath the dash panel.
upload_2021-6-16_22-58-52.png
Can you find any Serial Number plates on either the engine or the transmission.? See the photos below.
It's often not too difficult to identify a machine Serial Number from either of those numbers.
bupload_2021-6-16_23-0-7.pngupload_2021-6-16_22-59-35.png

Shivan Dookeran

thanks for the reply nige, i may have been looking at the wrong places . there is no plates so i was looking for stamped serial, thing is its been painted so many times im not seeing it anywhere , will get back to it on monday .