• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D6D Fuel leak Sleeve Meter Pump

shopguy

Ok here goes I have a leak at the throtle shaft cover gasket so changed the gasket made sure the bolts are not bottomed out, yep still leaks so buy a new cover & another gasket, still leaks now pull the govenor housing have it resurfaced,yep you guessed it.Now I think the cover is flexing between the bolts from the strong spring pressure inside so new spring still leaks has anyone had this before? Thanks

Bob/Ont

I think the housing should be dry inside. Might be a lip seal farther in on the throttle shaft. I know there is fuel inside the top cover where you adjust the fuel setting. Someone will have parts pic to show you.
Later Bob

shopguy

Thanks Bob that would explane everything, I had that shaft out for the resurface of the housing but I must have somehow overlooked the second seal.