• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5n.. Where are the forward and reverse solenoids?

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Had D5n Dozer Serial # AGG00653 ....Something rubbed a hole in trans hose friday and workers replaced it now I have no reverse and intermitten forward ..I think they got dirt in hose replacing it ....I think its in rear trans I remember seeing solenoids there when I worked on a 5dm basically same machine right

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
The transmission hydraulic control is located on top of the transmission. The modulating valves and main relief valve are contained in the hydraulic control. Each of the five transmission clutches has a separate solenoid-controlled modulating valve.

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
The transmission hydraulic control is located on top of the transmission. The modulating valves and main relief valve are contained in the hydraulic control. Each of the five transmission clutches has a separate solenoid-controlled modulating valve.
So there are no forward and reverse solenoids ....Where on top is trans control located under seat or floor board ?

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Five clutches in total - direction clutches (forward & reverse), 1st, 2nd, & 3rd speed clutches.

The control is located right on top of the transmission itself. Go to the back of the machine, remove bolts 1 and cover 2. Unbolt & move the power train filter and the primary fuel filter/water separator out of the way. Remove the cover 13, the solenoids are right behind it.

D5N Trans Cover 1.pngD5N Trans Cover 2.png
D5N Trans Cover 3.pngD5N Trans Cover 4.png

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Yes sir that's where I thought they where at .......Going to start on it tomorrow morning after all my crews leave shop ..

truecountry

Occupation
Shop Manager and Tech
Thank you Problem fixed cleaned all 5 directional clutch controls and it works perfect .............I need to buy you a round of drinks