• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

d5k problems

rdmtt

I'm having some problems with my 2016 cat d5k xl.
she is about 4,500 hours old, she started to heat up a few weeks ago and since then i've been washing her radiator every week, until it didn't solve the problem anymore. This week she turned on the red warning light on the dashboard, but no beep. the machine has no loss of power, smoke, hydraulic part working normally, I don't know the reason for the light. Tomorrow the mechanic will arrive to run the computer on it, but any idea you have is welcome.
will it be a warning light for periodic maintenance? I changed fuel filter, oil, I changed the oil, 500 hours ago. but I didn't do maintenance on the transmission, it has 4,000 hours when I bought it, it currently has 4,500, I saw in the manual that the transmission oil and filter change takes 2,000 hours, probably already exceeded the change time.

I noticed that with the engine cold, the first start of the day, it throws a liquid vapor through the vent of the valve cover, but after the engine reaches the ideal temperature it doesn't play anymore. the level of the water tank never went down, it was always at the level, I believe it's just sweat because of the engine's safe being muffled, during the engine's cooling at night.

this machine does not have a fault code on the panel? if yes, could someone teach me how?

S.N ********
MODEL C4.4E DIT

Last edited by a moderator:

rdmtt

code "1-7" cylinder 1 injector 1: not responding correctly
code "247-12" SAE J1939 data link: FAIL
code "1603-9" machine control: abnormal

these were the errors that appeared on et3, I ordered the 4 new injectors and sent the ECU for revision, to avoid incorrect reading of the nozzles. these other 2 errors do not know what could be. Anybody know?

Attachments

• upload_2021-8-22_19-15-36.png
    upload_2021-8-22_19-15-36.png
    312 bytes · Views: 5