• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D5H 6-way blade lift issue

JCW

I have a D5H (Sn: 8RC05631). The 6-way blade will not lift as it should. The valve body has been rebuilt, and the problem still exists. Spools seem good and have full range of travel.

Every now and then I can tilt and/or twist then lift at the same time and it will "catch" and start to lift at almost normal speed. Blade will go down fine and lift the dozer off the ground. Tilt and twist functions work but are sometimes a bit slow, though nothing like the lift. That's the biggie.

I've done some reading on here about resolver valves. Seems like a possibility. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance for your help.

dennis sanders

I had the same issue with my D4H2...checked all the linkage..all seemed ok...by chance I sprayed all the linkage with WD 40...I was surprised with the result...every so often I have to repeat when functions start getting slow...thought I would mention this since it sounds identical to the issues I was having...I was getting ready to start pulling the valve body..good luck

dennis sanders

I had the same issue with my D4H2...checked all the linkage..all seemed ok...by chance I sprayed all the linkage with WD 40...I was surprised with the result...every so often I have to repeat when functions start getting slow...thought I would mention this since it sounds identical to the issues I was having...I was getting ready to start pulling the valve body..good luck

JCW

Thank you, Dennis. Purchased the primary and secondary resolver for the lift valve and will install it tomorrow. Gonna clean and inspect the others since it will already be out.
I'll check the linkage at the same time and give it a shot of WD-40. Thanks again. Will follow up with results.

dennis sanders

Thank you, Dennis. Purchased the primary and secondary resolver for the lift valve and will install it tomorrow. Gonna clean and inspect the others since it will already be out.
I'll check the linkage at the same time and give it a shot of WD-40. Thanks again. Will follow up with results.

dennis sanders

I know it sounds like a too good to be true fix..I had posted here and had several suggestions..thought I would throw my good luck cure out there...and it being a reacurring problem ...especially if I'm working in creek bottoms ..lot of moisture.

dennis sanders

I had another problem with my 4h that was solved in a way I would of never thought would work...radiator was plugged ..tried several commercial cleaners...again HEF saved me..Cascade dishwashing liquid did a excellent job of cleaning..I was on the verge of pulling the radiator .

Dave Neubert

Sounds like the resolver valves if you engage another function at the same time and it speeds up its your problem