• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D4H - 3204DI inframe Rebuild

Dave Neubert

Make sure you check the piston protrusion I have had to mill some off of some pistons in the past. And I always replace the oil pump rotor I have had too many break

N00bie

Thanx for the comments. Will probably go with IPD rather than mcBee components. Maybe just a difference in time, but interesting that you were able to get your kit to Australia cheaper than I can get from within the US. I am getting quotes of around $1500 plus tax plus shipping for IPD components.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
I think you will find there are plenty of suppliers who are intent on substantial markups on their selling prices. This seems to hold true for both the U.S. and Australia.

Very expensive property locations for suppliers generally means higher charges, because they have higher property costs and taxes, and other increased business costs such as traffic congestion, higher pay scales, and even higher business taxes for their area.

I like to see where businesses/suppliers are located, to gauge their potential "add-on" costs. In lightly populated, more rural-type locations, business costs for the supplier are quite often considerably lower.

I spent some considerable time looking for an IPD supplier who is well located in a semi-rural inland location, but still within an area of good services, and in an area that has an accent on the supply of heavy equipment components/parts.

In my case, Toowoomba in Queensland is that type of area. It took time to get the best price, and I was fortunate in finding a dealer who deals in a wide range of new, used and NOS parts and components - and the particular person I'm dealing with, used to work for IPD in Sydney for 4 years, so that's a head start, straight up.

The shipping costs to Australia are kept down by IPD Australia using "standby" shipping rates and companies with whom they have established shipping relationships, so they can cut the best deal.
This is reflected in the relatively slow delivery, which doesn't bother me greatly, as I'm not in any screaming hurry for quick delivery.
If I wanted them delivered fast, the cost of shipping would be increased substantially. Shipping rates are recovering to the far lower pre-pandemic levels of costs, for a while there, shipping costs went ballistic.