• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D4D Cat transmission upgrades?

R.D.G013

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator/foreman for about 48yrs o
Sounds like he has plenty of that stuff that grows on trees, so I would say go for it if thats what he wants to do, it will benefit a lot of others in the way of parts supply and repairs along the way in the form of $$$$$$ and jobs. Not what I would do, but hey its not me paying for it and not my machine so I won't loose any sleep over it.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Maybe Un4gvn is just a frustrated hotrodder, and maybe he thought this was a hotrod forum. Maybe what he really wanted, is something like this ......

I mean to say ... just look at that TURBO, and that STACK!! .... :D

CAT-HOTROD.JPG

D6 Merv

Occupation
Self employed bulldozing contractor with a D6D D4E
OzDozer. Put up that pic of the Hot rodded D8 8R with the V8 D17000 engine, that those boys in queensland did; thats what he wants to see !

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..

Mcrafty1

Occupation
Earth work
Merv - Ha ha! Yes, that would be right up Un4gvn's alley, wouldn't it! The pics of the D17000-powered Australian D8 8R are below - and note the STACKS on BOTH engines!! - but NO TURBO!! LOL :D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94854784@N06/48230437616/in/pool-caterpillarequipment/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94854784@N06/48230451856/in/pool-caterpillarequipment/

Meantimes .... back in the good 'ol U.S. of A, another guy has repowered an old D7, with a D17000 V8!!

No blade or Ripper though, everything behind the flywheel of that engine must be VERY happy about that.