• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D4C Series II

LRSR

hello all,

I'm working on a Cat D4C Series II with serial 7KG0. I'm looking for a service manual and was hoping someone here could help me find one. I can find lots with 7KG1 are they close to the same thing or should i keep looking.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I can find lots with 7KG1 are they close to the same thing or should i keep looking.
"7KG1-Up" is Cat shorthand for 7KG00001-Up (first built in other words), so yes they will be suitable for your machine.

The appropriate Service Manual is Caterpillar publication reference SENR3540. That might give you a few more leads.
FYI a brand-new manual on CD is priced at $540, a paper version is $980.
Here's one on eBay. A bonus is that it contains an Operation & Maintenance manual which sells separately for around $50. https://www.ebay.com/p/1833565129

LRSR

Thanks, Nige This is my first dive into major repair on construction equip. I mainly stick with ag equipment.

LRSR

well its not my machine it supposedly has a "blew up" engine. its been sitting at another garage for at least 7 years so the owner came to me. like I said I usually only work on farm equipment but this guy is a good customer soooo ya know.