• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

d4-7u forums clubs etc

ozwrecker

Occupation
Sales
I have recently become the proud owner of a cat d4-7u and im after any links to clubs forums and spareparts (aftermarket)
thanks guys

Old Junk Man

11143Hwy 90 West Pocahontas Arkansas 72455
Occupation
retired
Ive got a 1949 D4 7U. It has a balderson hyd blade. It was running & working. However the trans 90 weight was leaking into the steering clutch housing. So I bought new seals. And took it apart. The bearing,s where all shot. one clutch drum Is bad. So it has been apart since 1980. The undercarrage is pretty good. Im planning on just putting it back together and painting it. Not ever running it ever again. Just yard art. I used to haul it around on a single axle 1966 ford F600 and I still have that truck also. I cant help you on info about links to any clubs ect.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I have recently become the proud owner of a cat d4-7u and im after any links to clubs forums and spareparts (aftermarket)
thanks guys

You will be welcomed at The ACMOC (Antique Catepillar Machine Owners Club) site. Great world wide club. I would recommend you get youself a operators manual asap if you are not familiar with classic Cats. Little things like shutting the gas off on the pony motor and letting it run out of gas to kill it. That keep the floats from bouncing and gas overwhelming the quart of oil in the pony motor burning the bearings out. There is just so much you really need to read. Owners manuals, sservicemans reference manuals, and parts manuals can usually be found on e-bay. Used pats canbe had fir your D4. It is one of the more popular tractors ever built. Where is Cairns? Austrailia?