• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D250E-transmission control linkage adjustment

should caterpillar update some procedures that maybe seems to be confusing?

• yes

• no

• definitely

Results are only viewable after voting.
Occupation
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
HI guy im currently working on the power train of this truck, A D250E caterpillar, serial # 5TN00683, YEAR 1996, i have checked anything that the sis told me to do in the testing & adjusting section, since i work on this truck it dont shift normal, the selector on the cabin is OK, it reads all the positions of the lever, but down on the transmission control there is a very complicated procedure that i have made several times and dont get the right set up for this linkage for the up shift and down shift control solenoids, i know that my problem is there, because i move the cam and direction and speed spools manually and it shift every gear normal but when I put the cover and all the geared control doesn't move properly and only shift to R2 to 1 and no more than that. Ex: cab lever in neutral and the trans is R2, move lever to 5 and trans is in 1st keep moving lever to other position 4,3,2,1 on the cab but with no response on the transmission.
theres some codes that i found:
  1. 700- 7 Gear Actuator Response slow/erratic
  2. 700- 2 Transmission Gear Sensor : Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect
  3. 707- 5 Transmission Gear Actuator Up Solenoid : Current Below Normal
  4. 708- 5 Transmission Gear Actuator Down Solenoid : Current Below Normal.

im so exhausted of trying to get this truck running and kind of frustrated because i have been doing all cat refer procedures, and there is no result yet, please i really need help asap .

dejavu

Occupation
Operator, Mechanic, toilet paper restocker.
Hi Peter, I know your post is old but I was wondering If you were able to figure out your problem with your D250 haul truck? I have a D300 haul truck that is doing the same thing ours did.

Thanks