• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D11T we delivered recently.

Bigironjim

Occupation
Lard, wishes, manure, nails, bongo's, flyswatters,
Came in on 5 trucks, was assembled on the jobsite. 850 HP and the way shes dressed, weighs about 248,000 lbs. This will be my first attempt to post pictures, here it goes.
D11T assembly 001.jpg
Here it is on the trailer with the pivot shaft installed.
D11T assembly 003.jpg

D11T assembly 004.jpg

D11T assembly 002.jpg
Its abig rush to get the roller frames and tracks on it and send the driver/ trailer on its way.

D11T assembly 005.jpg
This is a 84 cubic YD coal blade.

Last edited:

kenworth

Occupation
Jack of a Few Trades, Master of None
Pictures came through great. I am assuming it is working at a power plant because of the blade that it came with. Would love to see pictures of the machine when complete and in action.

Bigironjim

Occupation
Coming up, I can only get 5 pics at a time.. Operator malfunction I suppose !

Bigironjim

Occupation
All the pieces except the ripper, came in before the base machine, blade, roller frames, tracks, When they bring it in on the lowbed trailer, it looks top heavy and unstable.

Bigironjim

Occupation
More pictures

D11T assembly 008.jpg

D11T assembly 006.jpg

aep D11T complete 010.jpg

D11T assembly 007.jpg

aep D11T complete 015.jpg
If you look at the bottom of these silo's you can see the D11 and an 854g, kinda puts the silos into persrective.

Bigironjim

Occupation
All together

This is all of the pictures I took of it. I will get some of it in the coal next time I'm There !
aep D11T complete 007.jpg

aep D11T complete 008.jpg

JTL

Occupation
IUOE Local 302
Thanks for sharing.
I'm assuming that the machine is just for charging the burners and for stockpiling, so why a ripper insted of a counterweight?

Dug Overburden

Occupation
trucker
JTL, I was thinking the same thing about a ripper on the D11T. Is this machine used in a operation,where the need to rip occours?

DLMKA

from the rear it doesnt even look like an 11 looks like a 10

The transmission on a D11 protrudes past the case by quite a bit, the D10 is pretty much flush with the case. The engine enclosure doors are a dead giveaway too, different perforation pattern, the D10 has a unique perforation unlike anything else that Cat has.

The rear's a dead giveaway, look at the tanks. On a D10 the tanks have a very narrow tank with a high vertical edge. A D11 has a wide sloping tank.

You can get a D11 with a large capacity tank that is pretty much square with a very narrow notch cut out for ripper visibility. I think it's ugly but you can run 12+ hours on that tank.

vapor300

Its proably just the rippers that make it look like a 10, used to seeing the rippers on are 11, rippers on the 11 i work around is dbl the size of those

DLMKA

Its proably just the rippers that make it look like a 10, used to seeing the rippers on are 11, rippers on the 11 i work around is dbl the size of those

Multi-shank rippers aren't as common on a D11 as the single shank. They really aren't all that common on a D10 either.

vapor300

The three shank we have on are 11 is the biggest 3 shank around, and more then half of are 10's have the 3 shank rippers, the rest have push blocks

Attachments

• d11rr.jpg
    d11rr.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,223