• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D Series side window leak / removal

Cpaine

I think the D series machines are all the same as far as the glass but this rig is a 2014 259d enclosed cab.
It appears that I have a rain water leak into the cab from the lowest spot on the glass window frame. Also, I don’t think the little drain hole is clogged, appears to drain water fine.
I suspect it’s a simple seal issue but it looks like a good deal of work to remove the window frame from the cab. Not a show stopper problem by any means but it’s does get old when the cab gets all musty in the heat after a little rain.

Has anyone had a similar issue and more importantly how do you remove the glass window frame (not just the sliding glass)?
The glass could really use a heaving cleaning anyway.
Thanks.

Cpaine

Wow, no one has removed the whole side window frame from these rigs? Anyone have a service manual? I guess I should get a manual, just call the cat dealer or is there a more cost effective place to get one?
Thanks.

Cpaine

This video shows the slider removal, but, he gives up on pulling the whole frame.

Nice, thanks for all the info! looks like a fun job for a darn water leak!

also, I did find that video before I posted on this forum. I watched until he gave up, what a quitter!

So, I didn’t know it existed when I searched “flowable silicone” but **** as poop it does. Going to give this a shot before I start ripping things apart!
Permatex 81730 Flowable Silicone Windshield and Glass Sealer, 1.5 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BKEBO0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_D5CS9384PF5WZA6QPSP4