• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

D.r zx

Ed luke

I just bought a dr zx. From china. Can not get it to work. After i select machine then select comunication start. I get comunication has failed or process in controler has faild. ..has any one been able to reflash dr. Zx. Havent been able to find zx program.

JDirt

I think is a problem is a cabel. One interesing information I find on russian forum that the ic in the cable is important. The men tested there few diffrent cabels with CH340G, pl2303, pl2303hx and cp2102. And on the cable with CP2102 everthings was work fine. I have inside in my cord CH340G. Maybe you can open your and share a photo from inside for compare with my?
Some of us were discussing this on a very old thread. I have had the same luck with the Chinese dr zx. Szpryczek says the problem is with the cord, not the program. I have a cp2102 converter per his recommendation. I am going to try it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works.

Ed luke

Some of us were discussing this on a very old thread. I have had the same luck with the Chinese dr zx. Szpryczek says the problem is with the cord, not the program. I have a cp2102 converter per his recommendation. I am going to try it tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works.

JDirt

Sorry, took me a few days to get to it. Worked on it today, no luck, still communication problem. Got someone who is a lot more computer savvy than me to help. He said our new usb-uart converter was functioning. Maybe the program on the disc is the problem? Wish I could be more help.

Ed luke

Sorry, took me a few days to get to it. Worked on it today, no luck, still communication problem. Got someone who is a lot more computer savvy than me to help. He said our new usb-uart converter was functioning. Maybe the program on the disc is the problem? Wish I could be more help.

Ed luke

Thanks jdirt. Any info is good .im waiting for cooper , the technition from SINOCMP in china. I wanted to return but was told cooper could fix on line.

YukonJeff

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
I got my Dr ZX from Sinocmp as well. I'm running the palm version. Their cables are junk, they had to send me a second one, it works if you hold your tongue the right way but can be extremely frustrating most other days. Thought about ordering from somewhere else but the Chinese versions and components are all the same, flip a coin if they'll work or not....

corksil

JDirt

Yes, corksil, that pc version looks just like mine, mine was around $25. So far it's worked really well at keeping papers from blowing off the tracks. Not much else.
I have found a way to retrieve codes without the dr. Zx. There are no readings while the machine is running, have to have the dr zx for that, but you can get the codes and clear them. I can post the procedure here if anybody is interested.

corksil

Absolutely!

Mine is a 2011 zx35u-3, and I hope that there is a way to at least clear the codes

Thanks!

JDirt

I can't take credit for this, Spitzair posted it on another thread. I tried it on my EX100-3 and it delivered 3 codes, then I cleared them. After running the machine for a few minutes, they all came back, but I think I know where to look for my particular problems now. Better than guessing for sure.

Attachments

• fault codes without dr zx.pdf
    198 KB · Views: 25

corksil

That has been precisely the type of info that I have been looking for.

However, my zx35u has a service connector with six pins, instead of four. Ever seen/heard of anything like that?

Thanks for the info.

JDirt

Yeah, the old ex's had the 4 pin, and the zx's have a 6 pin connector. I think there will only be 3 terminals in it, though. Look in the end of it, with the snap thing up, bottom row, I think you will short the middle with the right terminal. I tested continuity on my dr. zx (which has both style plugs) to see which terminals did the same thing on each. Somebody correct me if I've got it wrong.

Ed luke

I took my dr.zx cable apart. The cable with the 4 and 6 plug ins. Sure enough to wires pinched and broken apart. Lots of corrosion too. Sinocmp. Is sending another. The wires were pinched during assembly.

3756g

save your money and call a dealer . a lot of that off shore stuff don't work and if you are not familler with the program it will look like Chinese to you anyways