• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cypress Equipment Co. Ltd, Delta, B.C.

Scott_527

There is soon to be two 80's in Juene Landing and a 30 in the near future .Will grab the numbers off them when I can. The one 80 that is here now is the last one built
They must be coming from IPL? They've been purging a lot of iron lately.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
The 7280 is from Fireball if we get a 7230 it will be a interfore one

Scott_527

I didn't know Interfor still had any of their own iron on the harvesting side. I did see Al Atwoods 30 for sale a month back, its an old Interfor machine. You guys are pretty much all 075s for line loaders aren't you?

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
If they get it it will be the only Cypress in the bunch. The one they are looking at was a Interfore machine when new, don't know who bought it .Ran it many years ago in Hardy Inlet for Interfore. Supposedly rebuilt before Interfore went contract. Might still fix my 075, not really all that much wrong with it. Just needs a new gantry and back braces and two 30 foot pieces of pipe. But they might part it out to fix up another 075,as mine has a rebuilt under carriage and Holbergs has a new series 50 in it and a bad under carriage . They were going to put a 50 in mine at a cost of $95,000 so we will see what happens.

dirty4fun

Does my heart good to see an old machine made new and ready to go back to work. Really looks great!

Tugger2

Heres a long snorkel on a 7220 we built in the early 80 s . 120' might have been a bit much for the old girl ,but it did give the the mechanics lots of practice changing swinger frictions, the hard side is a bitch i know from my own Americans. I built at least 2 of the 40' end sections that succumbed to collisions with rock bluffs and trees that were nt supposed to be there. Sorry about the poor picture and the reverse order of the the pictures
The Cypress page brought back some old memories of Americans in the woods.
Heres the same machine in the 70s . Three of us gave her a major over fire season. New every thing from the ground up. I was the welder on the crew and did the fab work in camp ,torch and grinder style, no wire feeds press brakes or plasma cutters.

img929.jpg img932.jpg img933.jpg P4220707.JPG

stumpfarmer

Occupation
Rigging rat
Cypress 6280 I found on the weekend in the Squamish valley. Pretty sure there's a few more of this machine in here, looks like it just got a fresh coat of paint.
uiAGRG7.jpg