• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cut-quick saw

Dominion 410

Been using Stihl cut-quicks for years here.Not sure if I'm that impressed with our latest purchase-a TS420 with 14"blade.Any other reputable makes maybe we should demo?

Dominion:canada

diggerdave1958

Hey, Dominion 410. I have a Wacker BTS-1035 and its a pretty good saw. It replaced my Partner. The Wacker is some what heavier than the Partner but not that bad. both of my saws are 14"

Turbo21835

I have an older K700 Partner that is a darn good saw. I need to fix the broken handle mounts and get it back in use. Bought the thing used for $400 from a guy who went out of business and had 3 saws kicking around. Last summer I picked up the updated version of the saw. The husky/partner version. Good all around saw, just like the pervious model.

I prefer the partners/huskys over the sthils. They are lighter, makes one heck of a difference when you are in a tight spot, which I always seem to get into. They also seem to have better dealer support than sthils do, at least locally. I think if i were to do it again I would go with the bigger k1250. Kills the weight aspect, but it would give me a bigger cutter. Maybe ill just have to go out and get the K1250 and keep the K760 with me as well.

barklee

husky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have about 20 gas saws and the partner/ huskys are the best by far. They are lighter, have more power, start easier, and arent constantly causing small problems (pull ropes, sticking chokes). From what i have seen parts are a bit cheaper as well. I havent bought many parts though.... they really dont break!
Hilti saws arent bad either. I have an older one and it has alot of power but is heavy. Just pray that it never breaks