1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

cut-quick saw

Discussion in 'Compact Equipment Attachments' started by Dominion 410, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Dominion 410

Dominion 410 Well-Known Member

Been using Stihl cut-quicks for years here.Not sure if I'm that impressed with our latest purchase-a TS420 with 14"blade.Any other reputable makes maybe we should demo?

Dominion:canada

2. diggerdave1958

diggerdave1958 Well-Known Member

Hey, Dominion 410. I have a Wacker BTS-1035 and its a pretty good saw. It replaced my Partner. The Wacker is some what heavier than the Partner but not that bad. both of my saws are 14"

3. Dominion 410

Dominion 410 Well-Known Member

cut-quick

Thanks Digger, will check one out.

4. Turbo21835

Turbo21835 Senior Member

I have an older K700 Partner that is a darn good saw. I need to fix the broken handle mounts and get it back in use. Bought the thing used for $400 from a guy who went out of business and had 3 saws kicking around. Last summer I picked up the updated version of the saw. The husky/partner version. Good all around saw, just like the pervious model.

I prefer the partners/huskys over the sthils. They are lighter, makes one heck of a difference when you are in a tight spot, which I always seem to get into. They also seem to have better dealer support than sthils do, at least locally. I think if i were to do it again I would go with the bigger k1250. Kills the weight aspect, but it would give me a bigger cutter. Maybe ill just have to go out and get the K1250 and keep the K760 with me as well.

5. barklee

barklee Senior Member

husky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have about 20 gas saws and the partner/ huskys are the best by far. They are lighter, have more power, start easier, and arent constantly causing small problems (pull ropes, sticking chokes). From what i have seen parts are a bit cheaper as well. I havent bought many parts though.... they really dont break!
    Hilti saws arent bad either. I have an older one and it has alot of power but is heavy. Just pray that it never breaks