• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Customized Ford L9000

Garrie Denny

Occupation
see above
Give yourself a pat on the back, that truck and trailer are awesome,you deserve to be very proud, well done. Hope the rig appreciates all the Love and money, time you have committed to her and does not give you any drama.

Btree

Fastdirt, I'm new here and I am in the market for a L9000. How do you like the cummins that is in yours. I have always been a cummins fan but just wanted to ask you how you liked it after working with it.

Fastdirt

Fastdirt, I'm new here and I am in the market for a L9000. How do you like the cummins that is in yours. I have always been a cummins fan but just wanted to ask you how you liked it after working with it.

Hey Btree, It's been an excellent truck. It has the L10 Cummins. The smallest motor I've ever heard of in a Class A. I get passed by D8's and every other truck on the road. It has never let me down. It's one of the smoothest motors I've felt. It has the 8LL and does great from a dead stop as long as it's not too steep. It would be a great truck in Florida where there are no hills. All in all it's been great but it is gutless.

rob3rto, that visor looks pretty good. Hope you had good luck mounting it. I have to use a GoPro suction cup to brace the center.

Thank you Garrie Denny. Very kind words!

A recent pic of her.
20150115_100157.jpg

Btree

Thanks for the rely Fastdirt, we are in the market for a excavator the size of yours for cleaning up fence rows and small plots of land on the farm, and I have always like the looks of the 9000 fords, so I thought it would be a good truck to move the excavator around from farm to farm. In South Georgia we don';t have many hills to worry about. By the way, I enjoy reading your threads. Have your finished that 379 yet, awesome truck as well.

Landclearer

Hey Btree, It's been an excellent truck. It has the L10 Cummins. The smallest motor I've ever heard of in a Class A. I get passed by D8's and every other truck on the road. It has never let me down. It's one of the smoothest motors I've felt. It has the 8LL and does great from a dead stop as long as it's not too steep. It would be a great truck in Florida where there are no hills. All in all it's been great but it is gutless.

rob3rto, that visor looks pretty good. Hope you had good luck mounting it. I have to use a GoPro suction cup to brace the center.

Thank you Garrie Denny. Very kind words!

A recent pic of her.
View attachment 130185

Looks like a picture out of a magazine:D

Fastdirt

Thanks, Btree. I would hunt for an LTL9000. I love that truck. Most have bigger motors than L9000's and you can even find some with a big block Cat engine. There is a nice LTL on CL right now. Needs engine work on the big cam Cummins. Also the 379 is not finished. I have several things left to do but it won't be long.

Lol, LC. That pic was one of about five from that angle. I'm a picture/video junky. Every phone, computer, SD card, etc. I've ever owned gets maxed out because of my addiction to pictures and vids. Don't do much vids anymore because of the time consumption. I was a magazine kid.. not a book kid. Pictures over paragraphs any day.

IMG_20150107_075905.jpg

IMG_20150109_073604.jpg

20150116_120626.jpg

Landclearer

Thanks, Btree. I would hunt for an LTL9000. I love that truck. Most have bigger motors than L9000's and you can even find some with a big block Cat engine. There is a nice LTL on CL right now. Needs engine work on the big cam Cummins. Also the 379 is not finished. I have several things left to do but it won't be long.

Lol, LC. That pic was one of about five from that angle. I'm a picture/video junky. Every phone, computer, SD card, etc. I've ever owned gets maxed out because of my addiction to pictures and vids. Don't do much vids anymore because of the time consumption. I was a magazine kid.. not a book kid. Pictures over paragraphs any day.

View attachment 130247

View attachment 130248

View attachment 130249

I here you! I love lookin at pics as well. I must have thousands of pictures of jobs we worked on over the years. As a kid I would look at construction magazines for hours. I must say the pics you take are pretty cool. I like the one at the gas station and never in a million years would I have thought of taking that pic. I guess I have no imagination:rolleyes: