• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Custom tool

Old Doug

I have several scissor jacks they are handy never thought about making them power jacks good ideal.

mitch504

Yep, gonna steal that idea!

I took a scissor jack from a 2500 Chevy and welded a nut on the end of the threaded rod. Now it is my favorite light duty jack, I just use my Milwaukee impact.

Volvomad

Welded M16 (15/16 AF) nuts on apair of sissor jacks and use for all sorts . Love Old Doug's . Must copy .

excavator

Now you gotta tell us what the custom pullers pull
I've attended more than a few estate auctions of old mechanics that had a whole corner of homemade tools, many of them very well built but they always went for scrap because no one knew what they were for. Always find some way to identify your homemade tools.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I've attended more than a few estate auctions of old mechanics that had a whole corner of homemade tools, many of them very well built but they always went for scrap because no one knew what they were for. Always find some way to identify your homemade tools.

But that’ll take all the mystery out of it!